TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR ACCESSING AND USING THE ® WEBSITE www.match.ac.uk ("Web Site")
The Web Site is the property of the Multidisciplinary Assessment of Technology Centre for Healthcare (MATCH), represented for the purposes of the Conditions by Brunel University, an institution of higher education (registered number RC000079) based at Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 3PH (MATCH).
Access to and/or use of the Web Site is subject to the following terms and conditions ("Conditions"). Please read these Conditions carefully as your access to the Web Site and/or use of the materials, services and content included in it, signifies that you have read, understood and accepted, without reservation, these Conditions.
In some cases, access to and/or use of specific content or services accessible through the Web Site may be subject to specific conditions that complement or modify the present Conditions. These specific conditions are accessible from the web page containing the content or services to which they relate or are provided when such content or service is accessed. The specific conditions will always prevail over these Conditions.
If you have any comment on these Conditions, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
1) Through the Web Site and the web pages located in it, you may access services, products, content and materials prepared by MATCH on its behalf or by third parties. Access to and/or use of the Web Site is provided by MATCH without charge.
2) You undertake to access and/or use the Web Site, its services, products, content and materials in accordance with these Conditions, applicable laws and accepted principles and practices, indemnifying MATCH and any third parties for any loss or damage that may be caused by you as a result of breaching this obligation.
3) You should consult any additional specific conditions that appear elsewhere on the Website that relate to specific services, products, content and materials.
4) The services, products, content and materials are offered only in the languages indicated in the Web Site.
INTELLECTUAL AND INDUSTRIAL PROPERTY
5) All services, products, content and materials in the Web Site including, in particular but without limitation, text, images, graphics, animations, banners, sounds, files, software, databases, videos, trademarks, domain names, logos, combinations of colours, or any other element of the Web Site, its structure, source code or design is, save where expressly indicated, the exclusive property of MATCH. MATCH reserves all rights in the Web Site, its services, products, content and materials, authorising only access and/or use as expressly permitted by these Conditions. If you consider that the use of any services, products, content and materials protected by copyright and other intellectual or industrial property laws may infringe your own rights or the rights of any other person or entity, MATCH would appreciate it if you could inform MATCH as soon as possible by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. MATCH would be pleased if you could state in the email your name, email address, and the rights that might be infringed, giving evidence of the ownership of said rights. On receiving your email, MATCH will investigate the matter and reply to you as soon as possible.
6) You may not modify, manipulate, transform, copy or reproduce in any non transitory form, publish, disclose, extract, imitate, create derived concepts, decompile, decode, reverse engineer, transfer, transmit, rent out, distribute, license, sublicense, sell or otherwise deal with the services, products, content and materials of the Web Site or any rights in the same, except with express written authorisation of MATCH. In any case, it is forbidden to circumvent, delete or manipulate the copyright, watermarks or other technical protection devices or data identifying MATCH's or its licensors' rights in the Web Site, its services, products, content and materials.
7) Should you be interested in any transaction or commercial activity in connection with the services, products, content and materials of the Web Site, please address your request to email@example.com.
8) The use over any page of the Web Site of frames not already included within the Website is strictly forbidden, except with prior written authorisation of MATCH.
9) The web site is provided "as is" without any warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, without limitation any warranty of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose. MATCH makes no warranty and/or representation that the web site will meet your requirements, or that the services, products, content and materials will be truthful, correct, complete and/or up to date, or that access to and/or use of the web site, its services, products, content and materials will be uninterrupted, without delay or error, or virus free.
10) The web site, for convenience of visitors, may contain links, whether in textual or graphical format, to third party services, products, content and materials, pages or web sites which are not controlled by MATCH and MATCH therefore accepts no responsibility for the services, products, content and materials or the condition of such web pages or their services, products, content and materials. The insertion of such links does not signify that the MATCH is aware of, shares or promotes the services, products, content and materials or opinions of the owners of those web sites or web pages. MATCH does not assume any obligation to verify or supervise the services, products, content and materials or information contained in web pages and web sites accessible through the links on the web site.
11) You are aware and voluntarily accept that access to and/or use of the web site, its services, products, content and materials takes place exclusively at your own risk. MATCH will not be liable for any use that you may make of the web site, its services, products, content and materials.
12) To the maximum extent permitted by law, we hereby exclude all liability in respect of:
a) loss or damage, including, without limitation, loss of profits or other losses, whether direct, indirect or consequential;
b) any claim made against you by any third party;
c) any claim, loss or damage that may be caused by access to and/or use of the web site, its content or services or by their failure to function; and/or
d) claims or liabilities arising out of any of the following matters:
- the services, products, content and materials (including without limitation its nature or any intellectual property rights therein) of any web site or other data, images, sounds or services that you may access through the web site;
- liability to any employer, principal, client, or lessor or provider of computer equipment or facilities, arising out of access to and/or use of the web site, its services, products, content and materials; and
- any charges which you may incur to any network or any services, products, content and materials provider.
13) MATCH reserves the right to suspend, restrict or terminate access to, modify or update the Web Site, its services, products, content and materials unilaterally, at any time and without prior notice. MATCH will not be liable for any loss or damage resulting from the adoption of such measures.
14) MATCH reserves the right to amend these Conditions from time to time for legal reasons or due to changes in the provision of the MATCH 's services, products, content and materials or in the access to the same or the Web Site. The up to date version of the Conditions will always be available on the Web Site. If you do not agree with the Conditions, you may not access or use the Web Site, its services, products, content and materials
ASSIGNMENT OF THESE CONDITIONS
15) MATCH may at any time assign either in whole or in part, these Conditions or any of its rights, duties or obligations in these Conditions to any entity in MATCH’s group of collaborators without obtaining your prior consent. If you do not agree to such variation, your sole remedy shall be to terminate the access to the Web Site, services, products, content and materials or uninstall the software if any.
CHOICE OF LAW AND COMPETENT COURTS
16) In respect of any dispute arising out of these Conditions, MATCH hereby submits to the jurisdiction of the courts of the domicile of MATCH.
17) These Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of the domicile of MATCH without prejudice to the mandatory rules of the courts hearing the matter.
18) Should any part of these Conditions be or be found to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, this shall in no way affect the validity of the remaining parts.
© 2010 All Rights Reserved ®